Find your passion. Give with purpose. Join us during North Texas Giving Day (NTXGD), September 1st- 21st.
Your gift makes a difference and helps provide a court-appointed advocate for a child like Kelsey!
Kelsey came into care at the age of 13 when a family member began trafficking her for drug money. She felt scared and alone.
Her CASA volunteer, Michelle, committed to advocating for Kelsey’s best interests and standing by her side. 4 years later, Michelle is still a dedicated advocate and is the first person Kelsey calls when she needs someone.
CASA utilized the Commercial Sexual Exploitation-Identification Tool (CSE-IT) to understand Kelsey’s trauma and empower Michelle to request personalized services needed to begin Kelsey’s healing journey.
Did you know?
- As many as 4 out of 5 victims of child sex trafficking have spent time in the child welfare system.
- After California, Texas is the second busiest state for sex trafficking with estimated 300,000 victims statewide each year. Many of these victims are children under the age of 18. Several of them were in the child welfare system.
- DFW accounts for 35% of Texas’s commercial sex trafficking cases.
- Many youth in foster care (child welfare system) lack strong support systems and deal with mental health struggles, making them highly susceptible to trafficking and exploitation.
- Of the youth who are trafficked in the child welfare system, many are often trafficked by their own family members to support their drug addictions.
Your donation to CASA of Collin County on North Texas Giving Day gives children like Kelsey the support and advocacy they need during an unspeakable and difficult time. Help CASA reach our goal of $125,000 to continue providing court-appointed advocacy for all children who need it. The first $50,000 will be matched dollar for dollar by the SRS Raise the Roof Foundation.