“Being a CASA Volunteer Advocate means that I can play an active role in helping a child in need.”
CASA Volunteer Advocate since 2004
Become a CASA Volunteer
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a volunteer with CASA of Collin County! Our process to become an advocate is the following:
1. Attend a Volunteer Information Session
Our volunteer orientation is an hour- long presentation where we discuss what the role of a CASA Advocate is and the time commitment required. RSVP below for the next Information Session.
Friday, May 7th from 12 – 1 p.m. – REGISTER FOR ZOOM MEETING
Friday, June 4th from 12 – 1 p.m. – REGISTER FOR ZOOM MEETING
2. Complete the Online Application
Once you attend the orientation, you will be given the link to complete our online application.
3. Come in for a Personal Interview
Once we receive your application, a CASA Staff member will reach out to you about conducting a personal interview. The interview will take place at our office and normally lasts about an hour. Please bring a copy of your driver’s license, current car insurance and either passport or social security card as we need to make a copy.
4. Wait for Acceptance into Our Pre-Service Training Class
After the interview, you will hear from CASA of Collin County about acceptance into the next training class.
SUMMER 2021 VIRTUAL TRAINING DATES
Volunteer Advocate training is currently 100% online via ZOOM
Course includes electronic homework assignments. Completion of homework, each training session & Post-Training Conference are required before taking the CASA Oath with the judge. Basic computer skills are required to train and participation by smartphone in initial training is not permitted.
- July 13 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. CASA Role (Pt. 1) with Advocate Panel
- July 15 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. CASA Role (Pt. 2)
- July 20 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Child Protective Services with CPS Guest Speaker
- July 22 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Families & Culture
- July 27 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Gathering Information Case Study with CASA’s Staff Vol. Coordinators
- July 29 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Medical, Educational & Legal Advocacy
- Aug. 3 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Court Reports & Testimony with Attorney Panel including Dist. Attorney
- Aug 5 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Putting it All Together
- Date/Time TBD (invites week 3) Individual Post-Training Conference with Trainer via Zoom (45 mins)
- Aug. 19 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. Swear In CASA Oath given by Judge (friends & family welcome)
Still have questions?
Contact our Training Manager, Natasha Lawry, at (972) 850-7429 or via email.