“Being a CASA Volunteer Advocate means that I can play an active role in helping a child in need.”
CASA Volunteer Advocate since 2004
Become a CASA Volunteer
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a volunteer with CASA of Collin County! Our process to become an advocate is the following:
1. Attend a Volunteer Information Session
Our volunteer orientation is an hour- long presentation where we discuss what the role of a CASA Advocate is and the time commitment required. RSVP below for the next Information Session.
- Friday, December 11 from 12 – 1 p.m. – REGISTER FOR ZOOM MEETING
2. Complete the Online Application
Once you attend the orientation, you will be given the link to complete our online application.
3. Come in for a Personal Interview
Once we receive your application, a CASA Staff member will reach out to you about conducting a personal interview. The interview will take place at our office and normally lasts about an hour. Please bring a copy of your driver’s license, current car insurance and either passport or social security card as we need to make a copy.
4. Wait for Acceptance into Our Pre-Service Training Class
After the interview, you will hear from CASA of Collin County about acceptance into the next training class.
Upcoming Pre-Service Training Dates
*Please note that the training consists of on-site training at our office, 6 hours of homework, including 2 hours of court observation. To become a CASA, you must attend ALL training sessions, complete the homework, and successfully pass all background checks.
WINTER 2021 VIRTUAL TRAINING
- Monday, January 11 from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 13 from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Friday, January 15 from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 20 from 1. – 4 p.m.
- Friday, January 22 from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Monday, January 25 from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 27 from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Friday, January 29 from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Monday, February 1 from 12 – 1 p.m. (Oath with Judge)
Still have questions?
Contact our Training Manager, Natasha Lawry, at (972) 529-2272 ext. 110 or via email.