“Being a CASA Volunteer Advocate means that I can play an active role in helping a child in need.”
CASA Volunteer Advocate since 2004
Become a CASA Volunteer
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a volunteer with CASA of Collin County! Our process to become an advocate is the following:
1. Attend a Volunteer Orientation
Our volunteer orientation is an hour- long presentation at our office (101 East Davis Street Mckinney, TX 75069) where we chat about what the role of a CASA Advocate is and the time commitment required. RSVP here for the next orientation for training.
2. Complete the Online Application
Once you attend the orientation, you will be given the link to complete our online application.
3. Come in for a Personal Interview
Once we receive your application, a CASA Staff member will reach out to you about conducting a personal interview. The interview will take place at our office and normally lasts about an hour. Please bring a copy of your driver’s license, current car insurance and either passport or social security card as we need to make a copy.
4. Wait for Acceptance into Our Pre-Service Training Class
After the interview, you will hear from CASA of Collin County about acceptance into the next training class.
Upcoming Pre-Service Training Dates
*Please note that the training consists of on-site training at our office, 6 hours of homework, including 2 hours of court observation. To become a CASA, you must attend ALL training sessions, complete the homework, and successfully pass all background checks.
WINTER 2019 TRAINING
- Saturday, January 26th, 9 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 31st, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 5th, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 7th, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 12th, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 19th, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 26th, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. – SWEARING IN at the Collin County Courthouse
SPRING 2019 TRAINING
- Saturday, March 23rd, 9 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 26th, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 2nd, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 9th, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 11th, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 16th, 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 23rd, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. – SWEARING IN at the Collin County Courthouse
Still have questions?
Contact our Training Manager, Natasha Lawry, at (972) 529-2272 ext. 110 or via email.