“Being a CASA Volunteer Advocate means that I can play an active role in helping a child in need.”
CASA Volunteer Advocate since 2004
Become a CASA Advocate
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a volunteer with CASA of Collin County! Our process to become an advocate is the following:
1. Attend a Volunteer Orientation
Our volunteer orientation is an hour- long presentation at our office (101 East Davis Street Mckinney, TX 75069) where we chat about what the role of a CASA Advocate is and the time commitment required. RSVP here for the next orientation for January 2019 training.
2. Complete the Online Application
Once you attend the orientation, you will be given the link to complete our online application.
3. Come in for a Personal Interview
Once we receive your application, a CASA Staff member will reach out to you about conducting a personal interview. The interview will take place at our office and normally lasts about an hour. Please bring a copy of your driver’s license, current car insurance and either passport or social security card as we need to make a copy.
4. Wait for Acceptance into Our Pre-Service Training Class
After the interview, you will hear from CASA of Collin County about acceptance into the next training class.
Upcoming Pre-Service Training Dates
*Please note that the training consists of on-site training at our office, 6 hours of homework, including 2 hours of court observation. To become a CASA, you must attend ALL training sessions, complete the homework, and successfully pass all background checks.
FALL 2018 TRAINING
- Saturday, October 13th, 9am-3:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 16th, from 5:30-9pm
- Tuesday, October 23rd, 5:30-9pm
- Thursday, October 25th, 5:30-9pm
- Tuesday, October 30th, 5:30-9pm
- Tuesday, November 6th, 5:30-9pm
- Thursday, November 14th, 5-7 pm (Swearing in!)
Still have questions?
Contact our Advocate Training Manager, Natasha Lawry, at (972) 529-2272 ext. 110 or via email.