“Being a CASA Volunteer Advocate means that I can play an active role in helping a child in need.”
CASA Volunteer Advocate since 2004
Become a CASA Advocate
Step One: Attend a Volunteer Orientation
CASA of Collin County Volunteer Orientations describe the volunteer program and the process to become a volunteer advocate. You will learn more about the agency, the volunteer role and the training program. All volunteer orientations are held at the CASA of Collin County Office (101 East Davis Street Mckinney, TX 75069)
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations
- Wednesday, November 1st, from noon to 1 pm
- Wednesday, November 15th, from 4 to 5 pm
- Monday, November 27th, from 9 to 10 am
- Thursday, December 7th, from 9 to 10 am
- Wednesday, December 13th, from 4 to 5 pm
- Tuesday, December 19th from 9 to 10 am
- Wednesday, January 3rd, from 4 to 5pm
- Thursday, January 11th, from 9 to 10 am
Click here to RSVP!
Step Two: Submit an Online Application
Applications must be submitted via our online application. We do not accept paper applications or PDF applications.
Step Three: Have an Individual Interview
Applicants need to submit an online application at least 10 days prior to the training cycle you are interested in AND attend one of our pre-interview orientations. Both steps are required BEFORE setting up a personal interview. At the orientation, there will be a sign-up sheet to schedule an in person, pre-training interview. Your interview must be completed at least 4 days prior to the training cycle.
The interviews are conducted at the CASA of Collin County Office and normally take about one hour. Make sure to bring two forms of identification and current car insurance as we need to make a copy.
After the interview you will receive an email notification regarding acceptance into the next training class. Please see below for upcoming training dates.
Upcoming Pre-Service Training Dates
*Please note that the training consists of 26 hours of on-site training at our office, 10 hours of homework, including 2 hours of court observation. To become a CASA, you must attend ALL seven training sessions, complete the homework, and successfully pass all background checks.
FALL 2017 TRAINING
- Saturday, October 14th, 9 am-3:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 17th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, October 24th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- *Monday, October 30th, 5:30 pm-9 pm–note change due to holiday
- Thursday, November 2nd, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, November 7th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Thursday, November 9th, 5 – 7 pm – Swearing In!
WINTER 2018 TRAINING
- Saturday, January 27th, 9 am-3:30 pm
- Tuesday, January 30th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, February 6th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Thursday, February 8th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, February 13th, 5:30-9pm
- Tuesday, February 20th, 5:30 -9 pm
- Thursday, February 22nd, 5-7 pm – Swearing In!
SPRING 2018 TRAINING
- Saturday, April 28th, 9 am-3:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 1st, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, May 8th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Thursday, May 10th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, May 15th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, May 22nd, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Thursday, May 24th, 5:30 pm-7:30 pm – Swearing In!
Still have questions?
Contact our Volunteer Recruiter/Trainer, Lacey Dembicki, at (972) 529-2272 ext. 117 or via email.