“Being a CASA Volunteer Advocate means that I can play an active role in helping a child in need.”
CASA Volunteer Advocate since 2004
Become a CASA Advocate
Step One: Attend a Volunteer Orientation
CASA of Collin County Volunteer Orientations describe the volunteer program and the process to become a volunteer advocate. You will learn more about the agency, the volunteer role and the training program. All volunteer orientations are held at the CASA of Collin County Office (101 East Davis Street Mckinney, TX 75069)
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations
- Orientations are currently full! They will resume after October 1st for our 2018 classes.
Check back after October 1, 2017 to RSVP!
Step Two: Submit an Online Application
The application is currently closed, but will re-open on October 1, 2017. Please fill out the application at that time.
Applications must be submitted via our online application. We do not accept paper applications or PDF applications.
Applicants need to submit an online application at least 10 days prior to the training cycle you are interested in AND attend one of our pre-interview orientations. Both steps are required BEFORE setting up a personal interview. At the orientation, there will be a sign-up sheet to schedule an in person, pre-training interview. Your interview must be completed at least 4 days prior to the training cycle.
Upcoming Pre-Service Training Dates
*Please note that the training consists of 24 hours of on-site training at our office, 10 hours of homework, including 2 hours of court observation. To become a CASA, you must attend ALL six training sessions, complete the homework, and successfully pass all background checks.
FALL 2017 TRAINING
- Saturday, October 14th, 9 am-3:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 17th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, October 24th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- *Monday, October 30th, 5:30 pm-9 pm–note change due to holiday
- Thursday, November 2nd, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, November 7th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Thursday, November 9th, 5 – 7 pm – Swearing In!
WINTER 2018 TRAINING
- Saturday, January 27th, 9 am-3:30 pm
- Tuesday, January 30th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, February 6th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Thursday, February 8th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, February 13th, 5:30-9pm
- Tuesday, February 20th, 5:30 -9 pm
- Thursday, February 22nd, 5-7 pm – Swearing In!
SPRING 2018 TRAINING
- Saturday, April 28th, 9 am-3:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 1st, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, May 8th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Thursday, May 10th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, May 15th, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Tuesday, May 22nd, 5:30 pm-9 pm
- Thursday, May 24th, 5:30 pm-7:30 pm – Swearing In!
Still have questions?
Contact our Volunteer Recruiter/Trainer, Lacey Dembicki, at (972) 529-2272 ext. 117 or via email.