“Being a CASA Volunteer Advocate means that I can play an active role in helping a child in need.”
CASA Volunteer Advocate since 2004
Become a CASA Advocate
Step One: Attend a Volunteer Orientation
CASA of Collin County Volunteer Orientations describe the volunteer program and the process to become a volunteer advocate. You will learn more about the agency, the volunteer role and the training program. All volunteer orientations are held at the CASA of Collin County Office (101 East Davis Street Mckinney, TX 75069)
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations
- Wednesday, May 17th, from noon to 1 pm
- Tuesday, May 30th, from 4- pm
- Thursday, June 8th, from 9-10 am
- Wednesday, June 14th, from 4-5 pm
- Tuesday, June 20th, from noon to 1pm
- Monday, June 26th from 9-10 am
Step Two: Submit an Online Application
Fill out this online application as the next step.
Applications must be submitted via our online application. We do not accept paper applications or PDF applications.
Applicants need to submit an online application at least 10 days prior to the training cycle you are interested in AND attend one of our pre-interview orientations. Both steps are required BEFORE setting up a personal interview. At the orientation, there will be a sign-up sheet to schedule an in person, pre-training interview. Your interview must be completed at least 4 days prior to the training cycle.
Upcoming Pre-Service Training Dates
*Please note that the training consists of 24 hours of on-site training at our office, 10 hours of homework, including 2 hours of court observation. To become a CASA, you must attend ALL six training sessions, complete the homework, and successfully pass all background checks.
SUMMER 2017 DAY TRAINING
- Monday, July 10, 9-noon; 1:00-4:30 pm (6.5 hours)
- Wednesday, July 12, 9-noon; 1:00-4:30 pm (6.5 hours)
- Monday, July 17, 9-noon; 1:00-4:30 pm (6.5 hours)
- Wednesday, July 19, 9-noon; 1:00-4:30 pm (6.5 hours)
- Tuesday, July 25, 5:30-7:30 pm-Swearing In!
FALL 2017 TRAINING
- Saturday, October 14th, 8:30 am-3:30 pm (7 hours)
- Tuesday, October 17th, 5:30 pm-9 pm (3.5 hours)
- Tuesday, October 24th, 5:30 pm-9 pm (3.5 hours)
- *Monday, October 30th, 5:30 pm-9 pm (3.5 hours)-note change due to holiday
- Tuesday, November 7th, 5:30 pm-9 pm (3.5 hours)
- Thursday, November 9th, 5:30 pm-7:30 pm (2 hours) swearing in!