“Being a CASA Volunteer Advocate means that I can play an active role in helping a child in need.”
CASA Volunteer Advocate since 2004
Become a CASA Advocate
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a volunteer with CASA of Collin County! Our process to become an advocate is the following:
1. Attend a Volunteer Orientation
Our volunteer orientation is an hour- long presentation at our office (101 East Davis Street Mckinney, TX 75069) where we chat about what the role of a CASA Advocate is and the time commitment required. Below are the orientation dates for our Fall 2018 class.
- Wednesday, August 22nd, from 4-5 pm
- Monday, September 3rd, from 1-2pm
- Thursday, September 13th, from 4-5 pm
- Friday, September 21st, from 1-2pm
RSVP by clicking here!
2. Complete the Online Application
Once you attend the orientation, you will be given the link to complete our online application.
3. Come in for a Personal Interview
Once we receive your application, a CASA Staff member will reach out to you about conducting a personal interview. The interview will take place at our office and normally lasts about an hour. Please bring a copy of your driver’s license, current car insurance and either passport or social security card as we need to make a copy.
4. Wait for Acceptance into Our Pre-Service Training Class
After the interview, you will hear from CASA of Collin County about acceptance into the next training class.
Upcoming Pre-Service Training Dates
*Please note that the training consists of on-site training at our office, 6 hours of homework, including 2 hours of court observation. To become a CASA, you must attend ALL training sessions, complete the homework, and successfully pass all background checks.
FALL 2018 TRAINING
- Saturday, October 13th, 9am-3:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 16th, from 5:30-9pm
- Tuesday, October 23rd, 5:30-9pm
- Thursday, October 25th, 5:30-9pm
- Tuesday, October 30th, 5:30-9pm
- Tuesday, November 6th, 5:30-9pm
- Thursday, November 8th, 5-7 pm (Swearing in!)
Still have questions?
Contact our Advocate Training Manager, Lacey Dembicki, at (972) 529-2272 ext. 117 or via email.